Friday, April 15, 2011

19 Weeks and Counting

This week has been a busy week to say the least...between finishing some custom orders, completing my National Board retake, a PTA meeting, a Relay for Life fundraiser, and other work for school, I am exhausted! Today started my spring break, and it is needed; I'm looking forward to a week of relaxing, sewing for fun, and a few day trips sprinkled here and there!

This week was week 19 for me! The boys are very active...Baby B is going to be WILD; he was the one sticking his butt in Baby A's face or kicking him in the head during the ultrasound. I've had some FAQ, so I figured I'd address them:

Q: Do twins run in your family?
A: Not that I know of. There is a fraternal set on Will's side, but the little Internet research I've done says that it is linked on the mothers side.

Q: Have you picked out names?
A: No...it's hard to pick out 2 names that are cohesive, but we're working on it.

Q: Do you feel the babies separately?
A: Absolutely! Baby B seems be be more anterior or towards the stomach and he is the one I feel kicking my stomach ALL the time. Occasionally I'll feel Baby A, but it is in a distinctly different area.

Q: Are they identical?
A: We're not sure yet, and I don't think the doctors will make this call until after the babies are born, unless they appear to be MoMo twins (mono amniotic/mono zygotic). From the ultrasound pictures, it looks as if they are sharing a placenta, but it could just be that the placentas are very close together. There is a very thing membrane between the babies so that eliminates the possibility that they are MoMo twins, which is a blessing since MoMo twins are at risk for numerous complications.
The Belly at 19 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment