Monday, October 3, 2011

Mother of the Year

Don't you just love my new banner for the blog...It is so fitting right now! Since I've returned to work, I have become increasingly exhausted and my patience is decreasing tenfold each and every day, thus I have felt like a witch. I live for the weekend when I can just relax and enjoy my sweet snuggle bug boys, my rambunctious toddler, and my husband without the hustle and bustle of the week! My advice to most is to avoid me during the week, but come hang with me on the weekend...ha!

Well "Mother of the Year" struck again a few weeks ago...
I received a text from the sitter that Kipton was projectile vomiting....ugh! I went right away to pick everybody up thinking that if it was the dreaded stomach virus; I wanted to get there before we exposed anyone else! I immediately called the doctor and scheduled an appointment. Upon arriving at daycare I went straight to Kipton to check on him and buckled him into his seat so that we could rush to the doctor. Coleson was covered up so I just grabbed his seat and we were off. When I arrived at the doctor, Coleson started fussing so I removed his blanket and went to pick him up...that is when I discovered that in my hurry, I DID NOT buckle Coleson in; I had assumed that he was already buckled in since he was covered up. Imagine the horror and guilt I would have felt if something would have happened...thank you God for watching over us! Oh and did I mention that it was my fault Kipton was vomiting in the first place? After a trip to the radiology department at the hospital and an ultrasound of his belly, we assumed that his belly was so full of gas due to a reaction to something I ate that it caused him to projectile vomit multiple times. So needless to say, I will not be eating any of that stuff until I'm finished breast feeding!

No comments:

Post a Comment