Thursday, March 1, 2012

Frequently Asked Question

Q: So how is life with twins?
A: I would venture to say that 95% of the time, raising twins is very much the same as raising a singleton 2nd child...life is busy, but manageable. The other 5% of the time...WOW, there are no words!

Between 6:00-6:45 am is insane...I am changing diapers, changing clothes, nursing both boys, and giving both boys breathing treatments, while also trying to finish getting myself ready, so that all of my children and I can rush out the door to daycare. Did I mention that 3 days of the week, Bella and the boys go to 2 different daycares, which means 2 separate drop off spots for me.

Then there is also that fabulous hour at night (insert sarcasm) from 5:30-6:30 pm! Will is usually at work, so I am on my own. During this time, I am feeding both boys, which is no big deal...it's after the feeding where the challenge begins! The boys are both tired at this point of the night, so while I'm giving one a bath, the other one is screaming. Then once I get one bathed, dressed, and almost ready for bed, then it's bath time for the second boy...so the first one starts screaming. Did I mention that I am also giving each boy 2 breathing treatments at this time?! Where as most mothers would sing or do something to soothe the screaming children, I know that this does not work at this time of night for my children, so I become silent and focused on getting the job done and my sweet boys to bed.

As we like to say, "Life, it's always an adventure!"

No comments:

Post a Comment