Thursday, September 30, 2010

Shoe Transformation Tutorial

This may be a reach, but here is another tutorial for my "Transportation" series. For years Will and his friends have referred to their feet as "Pat and Charlie," thus when they use this term, you know that you are going to be walking to get from Point A to Point B. Below are the pirate shoes I made for games for Bella.


Supplies needed: Tulip Fabric spray paint, a fancy paper punch, freezer paper, masking tape, plastic grocery bags, and white canvas shoes.
Step 1: Start by punching out your design on freezer paper.
Step 2: Stuff the shoes with plastic bags, so they maintain their shape while you work.
Step 3: Iron the freezer paper punches onto the shoes using random placement.
Step 4: Put masking tape around the sole of the shoe so that your sole will not turn black as you spray.
Step 5: Begin to spray your shoes with the fabric spray paint. I sprayed it 2 times so that it was dark.
Step 6: Allow the paint to dry for at least 4 hours and then peel off the freezer paper stencils. Note: I did touch up the stencils with white fabric paint because some of the stencils had bled through.
I paired the shoes with some purple and black shoe strings that I found at the Dollar Tree. Total cost of the project was only $10! I can't wait for Mini to wear them to the next ECU game!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment