Thursday, June 16, 2011

28 Weeks

This has been a week of ups and downs! Let's start with the good news:
The boys look great! According to the ultrasound, baby A weighs 2 lbs 14 oz, and baby B weighs 2 lbs 9 oz, so both are growing well and within close range to the other. The ultrasound pictures are getting harder to see because the boys are so close!

Now for the not-so-good news:
The boys have flipped...Baby B is now head down while Baby A is breech. They still have plenty of time to flip, so I'm hoping that Baby A will flip back around. Last Friday, I went for the 3-hour glucose test after failing the 1-hour test, and of course failed the 3-hour test as well. At this point, the doctor's are going to try control my gestational diabetes with diet. They have ordered me to do finger sticks to check my blood sugar 4 times a day and cut out simple sugars and limit my carb intake until I can see a nutritionist for further instructions. After 2 days of diet, my blood sugars have either been low or within the normal range, so I'm pleased with the results!

Sorry about the quality of the picture...Will wasn't at home to take the picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment