Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Anti-Resolution Resolution

So this year, Will and I, mostly me, vowed not to make a New Year's Resolution. I always make 2-3 resolutions; the first one is usually to "get in shape." Now let's get real...I have managed to do very little exercise for the last 20+ years, so why in the world would I make a promise that I know I will not keep! The second resolution usually aligns with my project of the moment. This year there are a few things that I would like to do, but being a realist and becoming increasingly aware of how badly I feel when I stretch myself too thin, I have decided to not make any promises, rather to do the best I can! Please know that I'm not "settling," but setting more attainable goals!

PS. As I'm reading this post to Will he laughs and chimes in, "my resolution is to win the lottery!" Will LOVES to listen to financial advisors and has heard that statistically people believe that the only way to get rich is to win the lottery; however he and I both agree that the only way to be successful is to work and play hard. We both work hard during the week and play hard on the weekend. We are so blessed by our numerous blessings...number 1, 2, and 3 blessings in no particular order being the 3 beautiful children that bring us so much joy. We feel rich already!

No comments:

Post a Comment