Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Mother of the Year Strikes Again

Seriously, I would love to say, I am perfect and these "mother of the year" moments are totally written about someone else, but that would be a BIG FAT LIE! Instead I choose to embrace these moments and laugh at myself, because sometimes, you have to just laugh (LOUD and HARD) in order not to cry, ha!

A few weeks ago, we had to increase the nipple size on the boys bottles, so we bought all new nipples. I started boiling the nipples in water to sterilize them just as the package says, and then I walked away from them because I was trying to get 3 children (and Myself) dressed and ready for school. Did I mention I was doing this at 6:00 am because I am a procrastinator and always wait until the last minute?! Well when I returned to the kitchen about 15 minutes later the water was gone (evaporated obviously) and there were the nipples sitting in the pot just cooking!!! Of course, those of you who know me can imagine the words that came out of my mouth. I panicked...all I could think was BPA leaching from the nipples every time the boys drink from them, even though they are BPA free nipples! I did some Internet research and from what I read, the nipples were not compromised; no one online had experienced the exact same situation, so either no one was dumb enough to do the same thing or no one was dumb enough to admit it...except me of course!!!

Well the other day, I needed to do some of the boys laundry, so I gathered the clothes off the floor next to the diaper pail. I had been very careful to pick up the dirty diapers that had missed the diaper pail, or so I thought. Yes...I am lazy in the middle of the night and toss the diapers into the pail, but sometimes miss (only pee diapers)! After the clothes finished washing, I started pulling out wet clothes and small balls started falling on the floor! At first I thought it was detergent until I looked closer, and saw the infamous jell fillings from the diaper all over the clothes and then soon found the disintegrated diaper along with the wet clothes! Again some more choice words flowed from my mouth, but that is besides the point. I rewashed the clothes, and they appear to be fine; however if you happen to see my boys in public and they appear to be glistening...please know that it's not because they have been playing in my craft glitter, but rather their "genius" mom caused a diaper to explode all over their clothes!

No comments:

Post a Comment