Tuesday, July 26, 2011

32 weeks and 6 days

So let's backtrack...

On Tuesday, July 12th, I went into active pre-term labor. They started magnesium sulfate so that they could stop the labor and administer the steroid shots over 48 hours.

On Thursday, July 14th, I was moved to another unit and put on bed rest for the remainder of the pregnancy.

On Saturday, July 15th, my doctor and I discussed going home after the weekend to complete the remainder of my pregnancy on bed rest.

On Sunday, July 16th right after midnight, my water broke, so going home was no longer an option. Antibiotics were started to prevent infection.

On Monday, July 17th right after midnight, some contractions started so I was moved back to Labor and Delivery. My contractions stopped after medication was administered.

On Tuesday, July 18th I had strong contractions all day long, but I would have one once an hour or longer. Around 9:30 pm, I started feeling crampy. When the doctor came to check around 10:00, I was 9 centimeters, so I missed the boat on the pain meds. They started pitocin and by 10:35, I was ready to push. I had to deliver in the Delivery room in the event I needed a c-section.

Kipton William Cooper was born at 10:49 pm.
He weighed 4 lbs 10 oz and was 17 1/2 inches long.
Kipton with a proud Mom and Dad.
Coleson Richard Cooper was born at 10:55 pm.
He weighed 4 lbs 3 oz and was 17 inches long.
Coleson with a proud Mom and Dad.
The boys definitely kept us on our toes early on!

No comments:

Post a Comment