Monday, July 18, 2011

32 Weeks

Thirty-two weeks was definitely not what I expected. I went to work (teaching 1/2 days for summer school) as usual on July 12th. By the end of the day (noonish) I was just tired and swollen so I went home, took a nap and tried to hydrate. I woke up from my nap and still didn't feel quite right, so I took a shower in the hopes that I would feel better. I felt a little crampy, but really thought it was just because I was dehydrated. I texted a couple of friends to ask about Braxton-Hicks, because even though I had those contractions with Mini, I was never able to feel them and honestly I don't really know what "natural labor" feels like because I was also induced with Mini. Around 5:30 pm, I called the on-call doctor and asked for advice and she said to push fluids and if the cramps start coming every 10 minutes or so to go ahead to the hospital. Around 6:30, I finally got hold of Will and told him to come home and prepare for the hospital. Once I arrived at the hospital and was placed on the monitor, I was is pre-term labor and didn't even realize it. They were able to stop the labor after 2 days which enabled them to administer steroid injections which will hopefully help the twins organs mature. The boys have remained oblivious to all of the chaos and look great on the monitors. I will post another update soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment