Thursday, July 7, 2011

Boys Project #1

So here is one of the first finished "boys'" project. I had bought some car seats on Craigslist from a local mother of twins prior to finding out the sex of the twins. They were nice Graco seats for a nice price, but they were pink and brown. I contacted Graco and they had exactly 2 styles of replacement covers, one with giraffes and the other with elephants...neither of which I was thrilled about. I also looked online at custom made covers and boy were they expensive! So I decided to attempt to make my own and I am very happy I did. I LOVE the mixture of pirate fabrics! It only cost me about $30 total for both covers and because I made them as slipcovers keeping the original factory cover underneath the warranty will still be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment