Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Updates

I have not updated or even posted in a little while, so I figured I would get everyone caught up on the happenings of the last few days.

1. Bella's 103.7 fever finally broke around lunchtime on Thursday, after having it for 5 days!!!! She ate on Friday for the first time in several days. Although she has lost several pounds and her tonsils are still huge, she is in good spirits and appears to be feeling much better!

2. I missed most of the last week with my students because my sweet child was sick. Although sometimes I complain and desperately miss the time with Bella, I do LOVE my job and my students and really feel that they are my own personal children for 180 days; thus it made it especially hard to miss the last day with them. We have a tradition at our school; on the last day, all the teachers gather in the bus parking lot and we wave goodbye to all the students until the last bus leaves. Sandy and I make sure we always wear sunglasses, because we always cry, but this year I missed it and was very disappointed. I did go in for an hour just so I could say goodbye to my 2009-2010 class, but it was definitely not the same and I will miss them!

3. Since Bella's fever finally broke on Thursday, we were able to head to beach with my family as planned. Bella was thrilled to hang out with Nana, Sherri, and Jason for the weekend.

4. Will has completed the shed. Although it is taller than our house...just kidding; it IS very tall, but he did an excellent job for his first time and it is a perfect place to store all the things that needed to get out of our house, or mainly out of my studio ;)!

5. Here are two pictures of my studio. It is plain right now, but serves its purpose...organized chaos!
6. I have officially started a Miamy (my brand name) fan page on facebook. I'm featuring a teal, black, and white limited edition ribbon belt on the page (as seen below). I will be adding some more limited edition belts to the page this week hopefully! After much debating...I have decided to start an etsy shop in the next coming weeks. I am very excited about this new chapter, and am hopeful it will become more like a novel or even a book series in my life!

2 comments:

  1. Amy...love those belts. As soon as I lose a few around my waist, I'll order one. Hey...I saw this cute upcycled dress and would love something similar for Ryland. Can you make something like it or should I wait until another is posted by the original maker?
    http://www.lilblueboo.bigcartel.com/product/upcycled-lil-blue-boo-super-super-elephant-ear-knit-dress-3t-4t-regular
    Love my bag by the way....carry it everyday to the zoo, mall, park....love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE lilblueboo...she is amazing and so talented! I could probably make something similar, but it would be very difficult for me to locate the same or even close to the same fabrics. I think lilblueboo is really good about emailing you if you have requests. I'm so glad you love the bag!

    ReplyDelete