Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Gift Week/For Her

I think this would be a fabulous present for bridesmaids or a teenage girl going to the prom or even just for a "girls night out." I found this clutch in the "dollar spot" at Target a few years ago, but it was too boring for my taste, so I decided to dress it up the other day.
Here is the clutch before:
Next I cut 8 strips of fabric so that one side was straight and the other wavy.
Then I used a shirring stitch and elastic thread so that my strips would have a gathered look.
Next I hand stitched each strip in a zig-zag pattern down 1/4 of each side.
When spread out the ruffle looks something like this.
Here is the clutch once all the ruffles were sewn on.
Finally I finished off the top by hot-gluing black sparkle ribbon to the top.
Here is a picture of the final clutch.

No comments:

Post a Comment