Monday, July 26, 2010

Mother of the Year Monday

WARNING...This post is not for people with weak stomachs!!!!!

"Mother of the Year" strikes again. Sunday we went to the beach with Will's parents, thus we were tired and not in the mood to cook. We showered and set out for Olive Garden. As I was walking out of the house, I realized that I didn't have Mini's bag with wipes and a change of clothes in tow, but decided not to hold up the entire crew looking for it. We sat down for dinner, Bella sucked down 3/4 of her milk, and we gobbled up yummy breadsticks and an appetizer; all is well and wonderful in our world with great food and great company. Then it happened...I see Mini gag, and then out comes a river of Milk from her mouth and nose! I grab mine and Will's cloth napkin (not very absorbent) and then everyone from the table started passing theirs...I didn't think it was ever going to stop! Our waitress comes back and witness this disaster, and brings several paper napkins (much more absorbent). Once Mini had finished vomiting, I scooped her up in a baby cradle position and ran to the bathroom, because her dress had acted like a reservoir holding puddles of you know what. After sitting her on the beautiful immaculate granite counters in the bathroom, I stripped her down to her panties and threw the dress in the sink to wash it. I wiped her down with wet paper towels, because I had no wipes. Did I mention that it was also all over my dress from carrying her to the bathroom, but I didn't think stripping myself down would be a great plan. After cleaning her as best I could, I put Mini on my hip, in just her panties, grabbed her wet dress, covered her with my arms as best I could, and ran out of Olive Garden to the car. Needless to say, Will and his parents got our food to go, while Bella and I sat in the car to calm down from the excitement. Mini was completely fine afterwards, which leads me to believe that it was the milk or she had just gotten too hot. I can't wait to tell Mini about the time she was in Olive Garden in just her panties and a pink bow in her hair.

A quick note for the future...ALWAYS carry wipes and a change of clothes because the one and only time you don't, your child will throw up all over themselves!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like something that would happen to me. I have to monitor how much water Tanner drinks because he will throw it up. its a ridiculously small amount (like 1/2 cup) so I'm not sure what that's all about but sounds like she just drank too much milk. I'm glad she felt fine afterwards though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! That is just crazy. It definitely does always seem that things happen when we don't have all of our "supplies", huh? On a brighter note, I LOVE your new blog background :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Brie...apparently my other background expired on Friday, so I had to change it!!!

    ReplyDelete