Saturday, February 20, 2010

No Calorie Doughnut



I wanted to give Mini a sweet treat for Valentine's Day; however the thought of giving her more candy and sugar after she already received so much just didn't sit well with me. Then "ta, ta, ta-ta"...I knew exactly what to do. I decided to make her some doughnuts to add to the play food in her kitchen. Here is the tutorial of how you can have some of your very own "no calorie doughnuts."

Fold a piece of felt in half and use a CD to guide you in drawing 2 circles.


Use a CD as a guide and make 2 rolling circles on the "Frosting-colored" felt.


Pin and sew the "frosting" to the doughnut outside and sew it to the doughnut skin.

After you have finished sewing the outside circle and inside circle of the "frosting," it should look like this.
Next comes the sprinkles. I used bugle beads and sewed them by hand.



Pin right sides together and sew the outside circle of the doughnut.


Turn the doughnut inside out. If you notice in this picture it looks as if the center has been cut into slits...DO NOT DO THIS! I tried it with this doughnut, because I thought it might look better, but it definitely did not turn out as good as the 3 final products pictured below. The final step is to hand sew the inside hole. I like to stuff the doughnut with cotton stuffing as I sew.



Mini's Valentine's Doughnuts.

2 comments:

  1. Those are so cute!! Great Job, Crafty ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh MY...Oh My...those are the cutest play donuts I've ever seen! Your craftiness amazes me. I LOVE the Ryland's Bow hanging that you made....infact, I'd like to order one for a friend's daughter. Next time you make a few, add Blake's Bows to your list. I can put a check in the mail whenever. Her bday isn't until next October, but I wanted to get on your list while I was drowling over your crafty donuts. You are so talented! -Shawnee

    ReplyDelete