Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tasty Tuesday

For Valentine's Day and Aunt Sandy's birthday, I wanted to make something other than the normal cupcakes or cake, so I thought I would try my hand at chocolate covered pretzels. I've had them before and they are delicious, but never bought any for myself because they always seem rather expensive. I followed a recipe that I had found and they proved to be so easy to make. Here is a tutorial of some that I made this past weekend for some friends that just had a baby.
Line some cookie sheets with wax paper and get your pretzel rods ready.
Melt a bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips and a tablespoon of Crisco in 30 second increments in the microwave. Stir each time until chocolate is in a liquid form. For these particular pretzels, I used 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips for a drizzle effect.

Dip the pretzel rod in the chocolate and use the spoon to cover the remaining 3/4's of the pretzel. If you have a deep bowl, you probably won't need a spoon.
Place pretzel on the wax paper.



The next step is to decorate the pretzel. For these particular pretzels, I drizzled chocolate on top, but you can also sprinkle mini M&Ms or sprinkles on top as long as the chocolate is still wet. The final step is to refrigerate for 30 minutes. I purchased pretzel rod bags at a local craft store. I wish that I could show you a finished picture, but we packed them up and delivered them before I could get a final picture.

1 comment:

  1. Those look delicious!! I will have to try them soon :)

    ReplyDelete