Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Truck's New Name

So for those of you that aren't aware of the history of the truck, here is some quick info on how I now have the pleasure of driving it everyday. Will was driving his Ford Explorer Sport Trac when he first started in sales. I convinced him when you drive miles upon miles per day waving at people (sometimes I think that is what he does) it is ridiculous to spend that kind of money on fuel for a truck. So he decided that he would start driving my older Honda Civic to save gas and mileage on the truck. A few months later, he totaled my car. Long story short, he bought himself a Volvo for work and here I am STILL driving that truck.

So we've had a few issues with the truck to say the least. There was one recall on the cruise control because there were some incidents with it catching on fire, but of course after they fixed the part, it didn't really apply to our (and I use "our" very loosely) truck because the horn/cruise control was already broken. "Why does the horn not work," you may ask. Well after Will has taken apart the steering wheel and replaced the fuse 3 times, it will work for about a month and then quit again. One of the door handles on the back door is also broken, so if you get in the truck, you better hope someone will be nice enough let you out from the outside. The latest thing is most likely the shocks; if I go around a curve or go over any indention or bump in the road, the truck squeals "eee, eee, eee, eee!" There is a saying, "I saw you coming from a mile away." Well with the truck, you HEAR me coming from miles away...can you hear the truck in Pittsburgh Brie? Will drove the truck the other day, and when I asked him how it drove he stated, "It's embarrassing to drive!" Yet, I am the one that has to drive it on a daily basis. I asked our mechanic if he could just tell Will that the truck was undrivable, but I guess he thought that was too unethical...can you blame me for trying? So after all that, the truck's new name is SPOS or Squeaky Piece of...well, you get the point.

1 comment:

  1. Yep, I definitely hear you up here in Pittsburgh!! You for sure deserve a new car...SOON :) After all, WILL wrecked YOUR car, not you!! I think you should retract that offer to save gas and take over the Volvo!

    ReplyDelete