Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Ticked-off Tuesday

So last week, I walked into daycare to find Mini playing with legos that were built into the shape of a gun, while saying "Pow, Pow!" Grrrrrrr!!!! I'm sure I might offend many people with this post, but why in the world would you let your 2 year old play "guns!" We have never exposed Mini to any shows or anything that involve guns, so I know it is coming from daycare. Again...grrrrrrrr! I used this moment as a teaching moment, and explained to her that guns can hurt people and we do not play "guns." Since then, she has made a gun with her fingers, and said "Pow, Pow;" I then look at her with my mean mommy face and she says to me, "shhh, don't do that," so she does know it's wrong. Hopefully she will stop, because it is soooo not appropriate for a 2 year old to even play "guns!"

1 comment:

  1. I agree! Tanner picked it up from "Jumpin' Parties".... there is a game you pick up the guns and start shooting. Not cool!

    ReplyDelete