Sunday, May 30, 2010

Under the Weather

Mini and I, along with the Patch kids headed back to the doctor Friday for a follow-up. Mini's tonsils are still enlarged and I wanted reassurance that it wasn't anything to be concerned with...reassurance is not exactly what I received. The rapid acting Strep test came back negative, and thus I told the doctor that I was still concerned about the size of her tonsils, she had a look and shared the same concern. Although the redness in her tonsils has diminished, her glands are still very swollen, and the doctor did a lot of poking around in the abdomen area, so I am left to assume she was feeling around for her spleen. The doctor said, that the enlarged tonsils could be caused by Mono, which there is not a lot of ways to treat except for rest (with a 2 year old...yeah right?!). The next thing the doctor told us to start looking for is sleep apnea, because if her tonsils are causing sleep apnea, as she stated, "we will have to do something about that." I can only assume that means Mini will have to have her tonsils removed. The doctor did order the longer version of the strep test before we left. At this point, both Will and I are praying for Strep...it is definitely the lesser of the 3 possible diagnosis.

Here a few pictures of our "sick" child chasing bubbles. She doesn't look sick or act sick, but if you were to see her tonsils, you would be saying something different.




No comments:

Post a Comment