Monday, March 22, 2010

Birthday

So Will and Mini out-did themselves this year for my birthday! Will got me a serger for my birthday which I have been dieing to have. What is a serger you might ask? Well just look at the side seam of the pants or shirt you are currently wearing, assuming you are wearing any ;o, and you will see a perfectly sewn and edged stitch, that is what a serger can do. It is this amazing machine that cuts and sews at the same time to make those perfectly polished seams. I used it for the first time tonight and WOW, I am so impressed...especially considering the low cost of this particular serger. Will kept trying to talk me into getting a more expensive one, but after reading reviews and taking into consideration the lack of experience with a serger(ie. NONE), I begged and pleaded for the less expensive one by a well known brand. Now granted it was a pain in the rear to thread as a first timer, but the time it took to thread was well worth the time it saved me to hem a dress for a friend!!!

Mini got me an iPod touch. Again, having never owned an iPod of any kind...i know, i know, I am so behind the times with MP3 players, I am equally as impressed. I am also amazed that Mini purchased it on her own...JK! I've been joking with Will that he got it more for himself than for me and he reciprocates with "why don't I buy you a Nano and I'll keep the Touch"...that would be a Big Fat, "NO!"

Not only did I get wonderful gifts for my birthday, but I also got to spend the day with some wonderful people. Mini and Will took me out to breakfast at one of my favorites, Panera Bread. Then for lunch, Will watched Mini, while I met some beautiful, amazing friends for lunch and a movie...would you believe that at the ripe age of 27, I still got carded!!! Afterwards, we went to see the Bounty Hunter...very cute movie! I also got lots of sweet messages and text messages from all of the people I love, wishing me a very Happy Birthday. Thank you to everyone!

I am truly blessed by God, my family, and friends to have so many gifts in my life. I am also truly looking forward to this year......

PS. I'm going to leave you with a ..... because I don't want to spoil any surprises ;)! I have lots of big plans for this year!

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you had a great birthday!!!

    What's a "...."-- do tell! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "...." are just BIG plans for this year, but I will clue everyone in with due time. I don't want to jinx anything; it is nothing that is going to happen immediately, rather looking at later on in the year.

    ReplyDelete